Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bury or Cremate???

To those who reads the NST on July 8, 2007, the following might be familiar to you. It is definitely worth giving a thought over.

A man's father had died. He was not only sad, he appeared flustered and agitated.

Asked why, the man said he had a major problem.

"What is your problem?"

"My problem is whether to cremate my father or bury him?"

"What does it matter whether you bury or cremate him?"

"It doesn't matter if I cremate him, but if I bury him, there is a problem."

"What problem?"

"If I bury him, will grass grow on the site?"

"What does it matter whether grass grows or doesn't grow?"

"It won't matter if grass doesn't grow, but it will be a problem if grass grows there."

"How will that be a problem?"

"The problem is, what will happen if cows eat the grass?"

"Does it matter whether cows eat the grass?"

"If the cows don't eat the grass, it does not matter, but if they do, there is a problem."

"What problem?"

"Will the cows give milk after eating the grass?"

"What does it matter whether they give milk or not?"

"If they don't give milkl it does not matter, but if they do, I have a problem."

"And what's that?"

"The problem is whether I should drink it or not."

"How does that matter?"

"Well, if I don't drink the milk, it does not matter, but if I drink the milk, it could cause a problem."

"What problem?"

"Will I live or die after drinking the milk?"

"How is dying or living a problem?"

"Well, if I live, there is no problem, but if I die, there is a problem."

"And what is the problem?"

"Whether my body should be cremated or buried?"

Embedded in the joke is a message. Most of us have a tendency to see problems in everything. and we worry too much. Often, we submerge ourselves in problems, forgetting that life is to be lived to its fullest.

No comments: